A font or 2 for you

It rained off and on all day Saturday. Between watching college football, doing just a bit of work, and being a bit lazy, I decided to finally download the iPad app that Elsie from A Beautiful Mess recommended. It easily turns your handwriting into a font!Normally it takes a lot to convince me to purchase an app (even the 99 cent ones, which I know, is ridiculous), but I just don’t want to fill my devices full of apps I won’t use, no matter how little they cost. iFontMaker is $6.99, which is $2.69 less than the Spicy Salmon sushi bowl I like to get from Whole Foods on a weekly basis. I have no qualms about dropping dollars on delicious meals, but for some reason when it comes to apps, I am hesitant to spend unless I know it will be well worth it. Before this app, the most I had paid for one was $4.99. It was for Reeder, and it still remains one of my favorite apps ever. It helps me stay on top of my blog reading, which in turn helped me find iFontMaker. UPDATED: I used my iPad 2 and this Belkin 2-N-1 Stylus Pen.Conclusion: This app just became one of my favorite purchases and is well worth the 7 bucks.

If you’re interested in downloading and using the fonts, here is Hello and here is Skinny. If you happen to use them in any way, please share the links in the comments. Can’t wait to see!

31 Responses to A font or 2 for you

1. Cathy L. says:

I’m the same way when it comes to apps – it’s hard to get me to purchase one, unless it comes highly recommended. I’ll have to check out Reeder, as I’ve been trying to figure out an easy way to link to my favorite blogs (Amy Tangerine being my fave!). As for turning my handwriting into a font? Will probably have to pass! Not too pretty these days!!!

Rommel! I got the iPhone 5 and I love it. And I know you will too!
      But I should have specified in this post that the app is for iPad. Will edit it now to be clear.

I use a stylus, but you can also use your finger. The stylus I use is by Belkin. I saw it at Target the other day but got mine from Amazon.

2. Tricia says:

This is such a cool app! I downloaded it yesterday as soon as I read your post and had so much fun with it! My six year old son even made a few fonts, so now I have a version of his current printing to use on projects! I would never have spent $7 on an app without seeing what it could do first, so thank you so much for this post!!!

3. Mary says:

Your fonts are gorgeous! Thanks for the app review and even more for the great fonts. :) I love including my own handwriting in my scrapbooking, but it is not nearly as cute as yours.

4. Jasmine S. says:

Sounds like a great app, and your fonts are so cute! Is there anything similar for us Android users? I’d like to try this myself, but I’m afraid this app is iOS only. (Why do all the cool devs leave us out?)

Comments