Australia wrap up

As I attempted to put this post together on multiple occasions, I kept leaving it unfinished. Not because I didn’t have enough to say, but I really had too much. Just to give you all some background from their website: Spotlight is a privately owned and operated Australian family business. Our business has grown from two brothers helping their parents run a dress fabric stall at Queen Victoria market during the 1970s, to stores throughout Australia, New Zealand, and Asia, employing more than 6,700 team members. 17 store visits barely scratches the surface of the 115 Spotlight stores carrying the Amy Tangerine range (that’s what they call a collection or line), but man was it cool seeing the product on the end caps. Though a whirlwind, with 2 store visits on most days, and squeezing in Melbourne, Sydney, the Gold Coast, Brisbane, and Auckland all in a matter of 11 days, the trip was FULL of goodness. I am ever so grateful to American Crafts and Spotlight for making the tour happen. And to all the folks who were able to come out and say hello, do a make and take and spend some time chatting with me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Words cannot really express how wonderful it was to meet so many talented folks in person. THANK YOU! It was truly an unforgettable trip. Good thing there were more than a few willing photographers who used my camera and took plenty of photos!These are just some of the photos from Melbourne (there’s another post here) and Sydney. I love that some brought their actual projects using the Amy Tangerine products. And afterwards, they also blogged about it. It was fun reading this post from Natalie and this post from Kellie Winnell. And I hope to post the other photos as well as the ones from New Zealand soon. Thanks again everyone!

17 Responses to Australia wrap up

1. libbywilko says:

It was lovely meeting you Amy ! Thanks so much for making the long trip here, it was so exciting to see you and all your lovely things here at Spotlight.

2. Bernice says:

I totally get the whole ‘putting blogging off because of too much to say’ thing, but I’m glad you got it down! It was lovely meeting you and really nice seeing pictures from your other Spotlight visits! I blogged about your visit, too :)

3. Beth says:

Great photos Amy !! You certainly packed a whole lot into your trip..I see a few friends from our project life group and of course the gorgeous Kellie and her awesome daybook :). We are still talking about your visit and how much we all enjoyed meeting you and being able to have a chat to you. Thank you for coming to visit and please come again :)…and no, I haven’t washed my iPad yet !! ..lol…;)

• Beth says:

Also just spied quite a few more friends from our PL group and Betty’s beautiful ‘Me’ daybook !! You have really sent a bit (oh well a big !) buzz Down Under with sharing your photos on here…thank you again :) xx

4. Leighna Carmichael says:

It was really great meeting you and for Elyse to get cuddles! Thanks for coming out to Australia and packing so many meets into such a short time! See you next time in Oz! Safe travels through the rest of the world!

5. Aussie Kellie says:

WOW Amy that sure is a lot, and it sounds like you had a blast! It was fantastic getting to meet you. I have always read your blog and loved reading the posts of when you teach and always thought, wish I could go to one, and now I did! Love that I spy my daybook there. Hope you come again one day xx

6. Anne P says:

Wow, looks like you ran around this country and saw it from the window of a spotlight store. But I’m sure you had a blast and if only I had known, I wish I had dropped in to meet you. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your picture of the DMC thread. It has given me a scrappy idea. Just need to get a similar picture LOL….

7. Kristina says:

I spy a few Project Life girls as well. Hi girls. Thanks Amy for taking your time to spend it with us. It was lovely to meet you. Your products rock and they brighten our day so much. I’m sure Beth has put her iPad up in the trophy room. ;)

8. Petrice says:

Another Project Life Australia Group girl here! Great wrap-up Amy. The make and take was so much fun, and it was so great to meet you…I love your products so it was awesome to meet the person behind the designs. :) Happy travels to wherever you’re off to next. :)

9. Julia says:

Yay, thank you so much for posting your photos!! Was happily scrolling through your posts and wasn’t expecting to see myself!! Fantastic photos Amy, thanks for sharing them!! Julia.

10. Sarah groen says:

Hi Amy
    I sooooo wanted to meet you when you were in Albany (Auckland). I had friends set up to collect my daughters from school and my little one was going to be at kindy. Then on the morning of your visit my youngest came down with chicken-pox!!!!! Grrrrrrr. Anyway, I love, love, love your products and I’m glad you had a great trip down under!!!

11. Carina says:

Hi Amy. It was lovely to meet you and chat to you. I had an enjoyable afternoon crafting with you. I have also blogged about the afternoon. Hope you enjoy the link.

Comments