lovely lunch for 2

It’s been a while since I’ve shared on this blog how a layout’s come together. But first, a confession revelation. My desire to use new products has been at an all time high, which is a wonderful thing. I have to thank so many of you readers who helped me by ordering the spring cleaning boxes. Most of them are happily in their new homes and I have received sweet notes indicating so. But really, you all are the ones I need to be thanking. Thank you! My adore-it-for-months-before-diving-into-it habit is now gone! Using the new products I love has been such an eye opening experience. I trust that those creative manufacturers will continue to produce items I will covet. So here is my announcement to the world that I will hoard no longer. Instead I will be inventive and use the loved products to create layouts that I love. If there’s something I must save, I will only do so with a small piece of it. And I must do the spring cleaning boxes again next year (I got rid of over 25 boxes!). Hold me to this, okay? And thanks in advance.

For this layout, I clustered a group of photos & papers together and then decided I wanted to “cheat” a smaller piece by making it look like it was fully in the background.
Then I adhered my cluster right on top.
Supplies: Crate Paper Matilda patterned paper // Pebbles Sunny Days patterned paper //  Studio Calico Dew Patterned Paper // Classic Calico 6×6 paper pad // Abroad 6×6 paper pad // Brads // Phrase Stickers // Border Stickers // Chipboard // Studio Calico camera mistables // Heyday ephemera pack // Ali Thickers // Smash Clips // Bella Blvd Tape

23 Responses to lovely lunch for 2

1. Evelin says:

love your layout… I wish I have a sewing machine to create sewn textures too… :D
    and oh, do post more on what to do and where to eat or go in LA? I am new to LA and would love to explore more :D

Yes! If you go to my “explore LA” tag, you can see more of my favorite places. May do a round up post of where to go sometime this summer too! Thanks

2. christina rayevich says:

I’m a believer in the use it now motto after taking one of your online classes & you mentioned it there as well. it got me thinking & now i don’t hold onto the supplies i love i just use them =) thank you for that!
    xo

3. MJ says:

Your use of color and patterns is soooo beautiful! I’m continually amazed (and inspired!) at the combinations you put together — often times things I’d never think of putting together, but you make it look absolutely perfect. So inspiring!! It was really cool to see your process and how you make it all come together. Thanks for sharing!

4. youngmi says:

i’m a hoarder so i had the same problem! i would buy pretty papers and then save them because they were too pretty to use. but since styles and my tastes change, years later i would be left with all these papers that i didn’t really like anymore. now that i use up my pretty supplies (including my amy tangerine papers!) the minute i buy them, scrapbooking has become even more fun than before.

Exactly! Great point about how years later the novelty wears off of the ones you’ve saved. So much better looking at the products on a finished layout. That doesn’t get old!

5. Diana Waite says:

okay I LOVED this! Thanks for the step by step process of your layout–I LOVE it too! I agree it’s so much better to use whatcha have if you can see it! :) I’m trying not to hoard and USE it up too! sometimes it’s hard but I try and think how much happier I’ll feel and that it will get used!

6. Cathy L. says:

Love the colors and of course the sewing! Wondering if you lightly adhered the circles before sewing them on the page to keep them from moving around? Keep the inspiration coming!!!

Yes! I did just that. A little adhesive to hold in place, but not too much that it gets my sewing machine needle all sticky. Thanks!

7. Juanna says:

Thanks for sharing Amy! Sometimes it gets challenging when I have so many different stuff laid before me and I do not know what to use on which part of the LO haha. You make it less challenging with step by steps (: oh yes, same goal for this year, to use up my supplies, cut back on purchases when the old hasnt been used up and destash! (:

8. Ellie A. says:

OH MY GOSH I am in LOVE this is one ROCKIN page! Thanks so much for the step-by step! This sure has me itching to go run & make a layout.

9. pepper says:

omg! love the page! love how you stitch the circle pieces on the layout (envy, I dont have sewing machine ><) Anyway, my fiskars circle squeeze punch had one of it's leg came off too! gosh, it freak me out last time, but i figured it still work haha :)

Comments