Well, I think it goes without saying, but I did not tidy up the studio before snapping this photo. I think many people would assume this looks like total chaos and isn't very organized at all. But in my world, it is in fact a bit chaotic yet also organized. I know where (most) things are and what projects need immediate attention and what's next in the pipeline. I've come to the realization that I actually thrive in an environment that looks like this most of the time. Sure, between projects I straighten up and clean off surfaces just to mess them up again, but it's what works. And has been working for quite some time. And thanks to this interesting article, I'm no longer feeling so guilty about the fact that my workspace isn't exactly Pinterest worthy. Whatever works, right?
PS - I'll be broadcasting from my studio for Inspiration Live on Saturday, November 1st. The class is just $20 and you'll have forever access to the materials. I mentioned it a couple weeks ago in this post. It will be a full day of Big Picture Classes FUN from the convenience of your computer or mobile device. The talented and inspiring Stacy Julian will be kicking it all off at 9am PST. My live video chat begins at 11:30am PST and I'll be sharing all kinds of things that are in the works in addition to projects made exclusively for this class.
You can still participate even if you aren't available on Saturday, November 1st. All content, videos and chat transcripts will be archived so you can take in at your convenience. This event is a perfect way to connect, create and be productive with me, Kelly Purkey and products we've designed and directed. You can purchase Inspired Pages and A Mini kit full of exclusive product from Studio Calico. If you missed our 4Experts workshop Here & There Inspiration this is your chance to experience a one-day, super-fun version of what we taught there. Or if you wanted to sign up for Here & There Inspiration, you'll get this as a bonus and can treat the 12-week workshop as a self-paced class!
Inspiration LIVE includes:
- A full day of BPC FUN from the convenience of your computer or mobile device.
- Detailed schedule, supply list and inspiration survey posted in the event classroom
- 9:00am PT live kick-off party with Stacy
- Fully edited 90-minute project class with Kelly Purkey, including videos and handouts with step-by-step instructions
- 11:30 PT live video chat with Amy to reveal her Inspiration LIVE project (details in the pre-classroom)
- Break for lunch
- Fully edited 90-minute project class with Amy Tan, including videos and handouts with step-by-step instructions
- 3:00pm PT live video chat with Kelly to reveal her Inspiration LIVE project (details in the pre-classroom)
- Video interview of Amy at American Crafts with prize reveal
- Video interview of Kelly at Basic Grey with prize reveal
- Special offers from Persnickety Prints, American Crafts, and Basic Grey, our event sponsors
- Private posting gallery and streaming Instagram feed to share your work and view the work of your classmates
- Message board to share your thoughts with your classmates and to chat with Amy, Kelly, and Stacy
Hope you'll join in on the fun for Inspiration Live!