Last week I shared photos of our set up at the Boom Boom Room event. As I told you all in that post, it was our first time doing Pre-Emmy's, and earlier this year, we did Pre-Oscar's. It was a pleasure chatting with everyone and I especially loved meeting the fellow mamas and watching the kids interact. Here are some more pictures of the fun-filled day. Lisa Loeb:Eden Riegel: Jacqueline Lord:Project Cuddle Team (Chad Roberts, Brandon Russell)Kimberly Williams:Lisa D'Amato :Sherri Saum:Skirt by Varga || Photos by Jamie Waters
We kicked off this super busy month by participating in Jayneoni's Pre-Oscars event at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills. Though we've done her Golden Globe events in the past, this was our first time doing Pre-Oscars. It was a rare cloudy and dreary day, and of course it started raining right when we were about to load in. We set up in the foyer of the ballroom. JC's sister, Jenny, was in town for the weekend and was a huge help getting everything ready. The Green Screen Events set up a "photobooth" station and photographed the celebrities with their families against a white backdrop. They printed the photos instantly, handed them over, and I made scrapbook pages for the guests to take home. They also chose a 12x12 American Crafts album and received kits to take home. Loved talking with so many of them about how they really have intentions of scrapbooking and documenting their childrens' lives, and hopefully this will be just the jump start they need. It was such a fun way to spend a rainy LA day.
1. As much as I enjoyed the little trip, I am thrilled to be home where the temperature is more than double what it was in NYC.
2. December Daily Day 9 took up more pages than I had intended, but in the spirit of going-with-the-flow, this is perfectly acceptable. Here's the day portion:
3. And the night portion:
4. Bar Boulud was excellent. The photo of my steak frites looks much better than the pictured above, and tasted absolutely spectacular.
5. Not pictured was the charcuterie:
6. My new mantra: Breathe. Believe. Release. Receive.
7. It seemed strange that Kelly (a food lover, like me) had never been to Pastis.
8. So happy I could be there for her 1st visit to one of my favorite NYC spots. Apparently, she is now officially a New Yorker.
9. The fact that she and I can do splits for our entire meal truly makes us twins.
10. Day 10
11. Meeting and chatting with The Pioneer Woman was rather surreal. And when she flipped through my December Daily and said, "I want to be crafty like you"... yeah, that pretty much made my day.
12. She also asked if I did a project like this every month. How cool would that be? Hmm... may have a huge lofty goal for 2011 brewing in my head. Anyone else want to try doing Ali's project every month next year? I'm going to take some time to seriously consider this (and hope you do too!).
I don't think many males read this blog anyway, so really all of these posts are for the girls. But this one especially. Margie asked me to be the guest designer for the Girls Loft. Since I don't have a lot of Halloween photos on hand, I had to figure out alternatives to working with this wonderfully fright-night themed kit. Here's one with some ladies you may recognize:
Here's a page when I went to visit my east coast twin, KP: Not only do we both love travel and scrapbooking, our appetites are huge and strangely similar. And we both can't get enough of the Polaroid stamp by Studio Calico.
A page using the photos from the Crescendoh launch party. That Jenny Doh is always up to something uber-creative and inspiring.
And to balance out all the femininity, here's something that may soon be hanging in my place. I think JC will approve.
Well, it was the funnest one I've ever been to, and I was just working. LA Photo Party was in full effect for Dr. Phil's 60th Birthday last weekend at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Over 200 guests joined in on the fun and helped make one of the best scrapbooks we've ever made for a man. (It's tough working for the man, I mean scrapbooking for a man). There are only so many masculine things you can include. We stayed true to a modern, simple, and fun design using burgundy, green, brown and blue as the main colors. The American Crafts leather album made a perfect home for the 44 pages.
Hope everyone has a wonderful long, Labor Day weekend! I have started a bit early with friends in Florida, and when I have a chance I will definitely post some fun stuff.