It's hard to believe, but we just finished the 10th episode of Design On Time. In the final episode of Season 1, we were challenged by Olya Schmidt, an amazing artist and designer who is currently traipsing through Europe with her husband. She's challenged us with some really cool things. Jamie worked her usual magic with a 12x12 layout while I worked in my new planner. I definitely wanted more time to sketch and draw, but alas, the 15 minutes went by fast! Check out the video here.
Definitely going to check out the book Olya recommended, The Art of Urban Sketching - Drawing on Location Around the World.
I cannot believe we are almost done with the month of May! I successfully posted a video on YouTube every weekday and learned quite a bit from the experience.
- I learned that sharing things with you brings me great joy.
- It gets less difficult to listen to my own voice on video (why is that such a strange experience?).
- The video process (shooting, editing, adding voiceover, searching for music, uploading, etc) still takes a long time, but has been streamlined a bit as I experimented with different formats.
- Shooting and editing a video can happen in a day (though it wasn't easy), I did my first vlog.
- Video is such a fun format and medium to work with, and though I don't plan on doing daily videos going forward, I'll try and share at least twice a week. Your feedback and comments have been encouraging and inspire me to continue making more videos. So thank you for that!
We're excited for summer and looking forward to sharing some new projects as we get them underway!