Every now and again it's fun to be matchy matchy. I realized that these BZees shoes matched my outfit perfectly. The Sashay slip ons are nice and lightweight. For me, comfort is key - and these shoes are perfect for adding a little spring in your step. And since it's always nice to be reminded that you are loved, I scribbled this message in hopes others would find it and smile too. Side note - Anyone know the laws/rules about doing this? I kind of want to spread more of these around town for people to find.
For some upcoming projects, I got a chance to visit the Varga Store headquarters. I first fell in love with their location in Santa Monica many years ago when walking along Main Street. Now I love their shop in my local mall (within walking distance), so when we discussed pulling clothes, I got pretty excited. As a former stylist, the best part about putting an outfit together is the opportunity to get creative with mixing and matching items. I really enjoy putting a twist on pieces that you may not think go together - like this elephant top - and ice cream necklace.The office was fashionable and functional and full of glamorous details. I posted this on Instagram, asking whether I should choose the citrus or pineapple dress... Don't worry - I ended up getting both! If you have the chance to visit one of Varga's locations, I highly recommend it. PS - Varga is offering 30% off their entire site this weekend! At checkout, use promo code: ladyblue
Thinking about adding a Fashion Friday post here on the blog every once in a while. Hope you're into it!
Photos by Jamie Waters
I'll be honest, I have adopted a uniform for the past several months. It consists of leggings (yes, I wear them as pants), a v-neck tee shirt, and some sort of cardigan like sweater/sweatshirt that doesn't have a zipper. It's comfortable, easy and doesn't take much thought in the mornings. But since feeling better and getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight, I am somewhat eager to once again dress up without the worry of how I'm going to nurse in a few hours. So when Shabby Apple asked if they could send me a dress and offer a giveaway to one of my readers, I happily obliged. I chose this dress (which is no longer available), and was delightfully surprised at the fit. Naturally, I was a bit hesitant to put something so form fitting on. But my mind changed the minute I zipped it up, and I immediately wished I had somewhere to wear it (other than my backyard for this photo). I am so impressed with the company's mission to help change the lives of women around the world by sharing a percentage of profits with various organizations working to bring life-changing micro-loans to the world's working poor. Learn more here.GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED. A dress from a selection chosen by Shabby Apple. Thanks for entering!
Note: Giveaway is only available in the United States and you must do all 3 things. Comments will close on Saturday, February 15 at 7am and a winner will be notified and announced on this post shortly after. GOOD LUCK!
Winner is #37 - Congrats Erin Ellis!
Have you ladies heard of Spiegel? I love how versatile its clothing and accessories are. Most of their stuff seems to be great staple pieces to have in your wardrobe. Sometimes when I think of those basic wardrobe items, the word boring comes to mind. Not in this case. So, here are some of my faves! 1. The Charlotte Trench Coat Everyone needs a good Spring coat for those chilly days. Yes, they are far and few between in Sunny CA, but I hate being cold in restaurants and feeling like my sweater downgrades my outfit. I love the pop of color in this one, but it does come in a very light gray and black if you are wanting something a little more flexible to add to your wardrobe. But how cute is this pink with the black dress and basic black heels?!
2. Little Black (with lace!) Dress I LOVE this classic little black dress with the beautiful lace accent. It doesn’t hurt that it’s got an amazing cut and a built-in power-mesh slip, meaning that you don’t have to worry about the amount of bubbly or snacks that go in your belly at that next cocktail party!
3. Marissa Dress It is sometimes hard to find a dress for a dressy function that still has a fun personality without being too loud. This one has a great color pop for spring and summer, letting you still show a vibrant personality without standing out too much from the crowd. Plus, it allows a perfect opportunity to showcase a sassy pair of shoes.
4. Melanie Shirtdress I love little bright cotton knit dresses with a cute pattern for just day to day casual wear, but sometimes I want to change it up. I like that this one can easily be a day wear dress, but worn slightly dressed up to dinner as well. Change from flip flops to heels and add a pretty gold necklace, and it is a perfect dinner dress. The other thing I love about this dress is the simplistic look of a button-up with a skirt, but I hate doing that. I don’t like my shirt tails bunching up, checking all day long to make sure it is nicely tucked in, and then it makes my skirt feel tight! This is a perfect solution to the annoyance of the shirt and skirt look, because it is all one piece! What a genius idea!
5. Pamella Dress A bright color, bow, and pretty pattern? Yes, please! I love finding dressier solutions that still look comfortable. The tie around the waist allows it to be flattering on any body type. Not to mention, I hate trying to put on a sweater with a dress that has sleeves. This tank-style cut allows it to be worn easily with a sweater, but thanks to its thicker strap, it could still be worn sans-sweater without worry.
6. Riley Jacket I am a sucker for a good jacket, and this one has a great cut with a loose neck, which is the best, allowing for fashion and comfort. It is the perfect errand-running jacket, letting me feel cute yet functional. Plus, I love the exposed zippers, adding a little detail and contrast to the black fabric. This one is currently only for pre-order.
7. Maureen Bracelet Spiegel has some beautiful accessories that really accent their classic, feminine, yet still fashion forward kinds of looks. I love the flexibility of their earrings and bracelets, which can either add some pop to a more ageless look, or balance out a louder outfit. I love having just a few simple gold and silver bracelets and necklaces to add just a little subtle something. It keeps it easy when getting ready and works with pretty much everything. These kind of basics are pretty without being boring and can be worn practically anywhere, from a business meeting to a wedding. So pretty!
8. Stone Pendant Teardrop Earrings I love these simple gem earrings. The coral color is just beautiful, and it seems that it is only prettier with the gold hardware.
9. Solid Black Bikini A solid black bikini is a swim staple. I love the simplicity of this one, but with the cute little criss-cross details. Plus, I love classic swimsuits like this one, because I can mix it up with a different top or bottom from another suit if I feel like being a little more fun. (How cute would this top be with some bright purple polkadot bottoms? Yes, please!)
This post was sponsored by Spiegel, but all words and opinions are my own.
It's been a while, but KP thought it would be cute to do a spring jacket edition of WC vs. EC. She's now living in the midwest in Chicago, but we love the logo she created so much, we are sticking with this for a while. And I am still in Australia at the moment, so it kind of screws everything up anyway. Spring in LA can get a bit chilly, but it's also the last chance for me to wear this tweed jacket. The 3/4 length sleeves are too short to wear in really cold winters, so I like to break it out in the Spring. It's playful and fun, and even more so when paired with polka dotted pants. I'm still wearing pants from my closet, thanks to the amazing BeBand from Target. Photos by Ann-Marie Morris
Yim jacket (from Barneys purchased about 7-8 years ago) || shirt from GAP || Pants and BeBand from Target || shoes by Converse || bump that's about 18 weeks