Jack’s 5th birthday bash was a total hit! I was so excited to celebrate the occasion in style and was thrilled to collaborate with so many amazing people and companies to make the big day come together. About a month before Jack’s birthday (it really snuck up on us!) we decided on a theme since Jack is really into art. He loves going to museums and tagging along for gallery openings, so it seems fitting that we would celebrate his birthday in a similar fashion. This summer he spent a lot of time attending Art Camp LA, so I really wanted them to be a big part of the party and to handle the hands on activities. The space at Runway Playa Vista is basically empty, so everything had to be brought in. Party prep for decorations went late into the night before and set-up started bright and early at 7 am the morning of the party. Of course, it all turned out to be worth it. After all, we had amazing decorations, food, and friends to help us celebrate. There are so many amazing photos from the party taken by ographr. I also wanted to share my top tips for making a party come together.
We had so many great companies come together to make Jack’s party incredible. This Modern Art Gallery-themed Birthday party is now an Amy Tangerine #partyblueprint at Black Twine! Please follow @blacktwine for the best party inspiration and check out their website (www.blacktwine.co) for easy to follow, step-by-step guides to help you throw your next amazing party! Here’s a special thanks to everyone who helped the event come together so beautifully:
ooly - art supplies + party favors
Black Twine - collaborator for decor
Art Camp LA - kids crafts and instruction
Bashery Co. - event design
Geese & Ganders - party goods
Teak & Lace - furniture
Pipsticks - party favors
Amy Cakes and Sweet Treats - cupcakes
ographr - Photography
I was so happy with the way the party turned out, especially because we only had one morning to do the actual party set-up. The pace was a little hectic, but everything came together thanks to the amazing vendors who contributed their expertise along the way.
1. Choose a color palette and stick with it. Save it on your phone and reference it when you are buying anything. Often, you don’t have access to a space until a few days or hours before your event. Having items that fit within the color palette provides a cohesive feel.
2. Designate spaces so that your guests know where to go— especially if you’re offering multiple types of activities for various age groups. This also helps limit messes!
3. Offer finger foods! Because your guests will be mingling and talking and (in our case) watching their children all at once, you want to make sure the food you serve is easy to eat and carry on a party plate.
4. Keep the space cool. It might make party set-up a little chilly, but once guests start to filter in, it will be worth it. A vibrant even full of people will heat a room quickly. If it’s a little cold before party-goers arrive, it will easily become the right temperature and people will feel more at ease.
5. Have plenty of baby wipes handy. These are great for wiping hands and cleaning up minor messes.
6. Give yourself grace and take the help from others when it’s offered. It’s impossible to pull off something of this scale all on your own, so collaborate and have fun!
Such a wonderful day!!
Our friends at ooly provided the most epic goodie bags ever so the kids would continue crafting and making art in their very own Carry-Along Sketchbook when they got home. The Zippered pouches included: Comic Attack Pencil (single) | Sweet Things Pencil (single) | Write In Style Pencil (single) | Heart To Heart Crayon (single) | Forest Friends Pocket Pals Mini Journal (single) | Comic Attack Click-it Eraser (single) | 2 Petite Sweet Ice Cream Erasers (singles) | 2 Macaron Erasers (singles) | Mighty Sharpener (single) | 2 BFF Bracelets (1 set)
Here’s a video of all of the fun on my YouTube channel as well!