It took some time to compile this list, mainly because I wanted to make sure I only included items that we really loved and would probably be most helpful to others. Some of these were on our registry, some of them we bought ourselves and some were even hand-me-downs. No matter how we acquired them, looking back, these things really have helped us get through being new parents. Thanks so much to the friends who recommended them. 1. Suri the Octopus and Friends Teether. Everyone loves Sophie the giraffe, but Jack cannot get enough of this anchor right now.
2. Fisher Price Cradle 'N Swing. For us, this was a life saver for the first 3 months. JC set it up in our living room and Jack felt comforted and loved it from the moment he laid in it when we got back from the hospital.
3. Sprout App. Keeping track of Jack's diapers and feedings was really important to me because I didn't seem to remember a thing. So easy to use, and it became a habit after some time. It really helped to see patterns and establish somewhat of a routine for us and we still are using it today.
4. Britax B-Agile Travel System. It's easy to use and go places with - I highly recommend it for new moms. And yes, there is a recall but it seems like an easily avoidable thing if you use it properly and the way we have always used it. We love this system so much - it's perfect for us and was right on budget.
5. MD Moms Baby Silk Shampoo. Their lotion is also wonderful as well! Love the light scent and though the bottle seems to still have product when it stops pumping (I just pour it into another container for travel), we have used these products the most.
6. ErgoBABY Carrier. This is so comfortable for both Jack and me. I used it after he was 12 pounds, so never needed the infant insert.
7. Medela Pump. Insurance provided us with the Ameda, but I think this is way better and worth the investment for breastfeeding mamas.
8. Fisher Price Deluxe Newborn Vibrating Rock 'n Play Sleeper. For us, this was a life saver for the first 4 months. We didn't get it until night 3 of being at home, and man it made such a difference in sleep for all of us. Jack never seemed to like sleeping flat on his back, so this was a great place for him to rest next to our bed.
9. The Honest Co. Diapers. Love the designs and the philosophy of the company. The prints are fun and this is what we used for the first 4 months. We have since switched to Huggies, mainly because it's available at Costco.