Last week I was away from Jack for the first (extended period of) time and took a quick whirlwind trip to NY for the National Stationery Show. I arrived at midnight on Monday and spent Tuesday on the show floor after a seminar in the morning. It was my first time both attending and showing - American Crafts had a booth. It was such a visual treat.Highlights included:
- chatting with Amy at AHeirloom
- trying the confetti with Candice Stringham at Knot & Bow
- finally meeting Garin from Ginko Papers
- seeing Shinola's booth - it's JC's favorite watch
- getting a card from that sweet machine from Easy, Tiger
- hanging out a lot at Paper Bandit Press - seeing designs from friends is the best - go Kelly Purkey and Sarah Champion. Oh and they had a charging station, so that really helped because my iPhone doesn't seem to be able to hold much battery life.
- I missed Donna Downey, but enjoyed catching up with her husband Bill.
- meeting and talking to Melinda of Read Between the Lines. Our mutual adoration for puppies and babies was laughable.
- getting my first Tattly, which sort of matched my dress and being star struck by the ever so down to earth Tina of swissmiss
- having Ladyfingers Letterpress hand write Jack's name
- my one and only dinner this trip at Boulud Sud
I realized that this was the most amount of time I had spent by myself (if you count being at the airport and on board an airplane) since Jack was born. Honestly, it was kinda nice to be able to just relax and read a book and cut apart magazines, and take my time eating a meal. Wait, am I a bad mom to be admitting that? I think not. The hardest thing for me may have been the pumping and dumping every few hours. For my next solo trip, I will probably request a refrigerator in the hotel room and bring a freezer pack along. I was gone for a total of 2 nights. It was the perfect amount of time to be away - though I missed Jack very much, knowing he was in good hands with Ahpo, Cindy, and Daddy.