Last year before turning 30, I created a list of things I wanted to do. It was my 30 while 30 list, and it was quite ambitious. I tried incorporating little and big things in the list and managed to complete 18 out of 30. More than half is actually something I am completely fine with. It seems that along the way, priorities shift, life throws you some unexpected delights, and you end up rolling with it in a way where each year just gets better and better.
And here are 30 things I did while 30.
1. Went skydiving in Hawaii.
2. Got Lasik.
3. Went to Thailand for the first time
4. Memorized some fun, heartfelt, witty quotes.
5. Went to Hong Kong.
6. Took a surfing lesson in Hawaii
7. Joined a gym. Exercised twice a week or more.
8. Got a scrapbook page published for the first time.
9. Learned the entire "Single Ladies" dance
10. Learned to snowboard.
11. Went to Pittsburgh for the first time.
12. Went to Lake Como, Italy for the first time.
13. Attended 2 weddings of former roommates.
14. Ate a lot of hodge podge meals.
15. Laughed a lot.
16. Ate more healthy.
17. Turned more can'ts into cans and dreams into plans.
18. Went to Brazil. (first time)
19. Turned another hobby into a job.
20. Spent quality time with the ones I love.
21. Saw 2 of the 7 Wonders of the World. (The Great Wall of China & Corcovado)
22. Spend less time on the computer and more time doing creative things.
23. Once again made Platinum Medallion status on Delta.
24. Perfected the art of purging. (well, it's a work in progress)
25. Went to China for the first time and walked on the Great Wall.
26. Kayaked in the Indian Ocean.
27. Had lunch and toured the Playboy Mansion.
28. Moved into a 500 square foot place 5 blocks from the beach.
29. Took more leaps of faith.
30. Fell in love.