on the fly

Sometimes creating simply for the sake of it is just the therapy I need. While in Sao Paulo on the last day of teaching classes, I decided to play a bit with some scraps leftover from the kits. The attendees were given plenty of supplies, and I used a piece of white cardstock that I had demonstrated bubble mask misting on as a base. I drew on some masking tape using Chromatix to create my own version of washi tape, and then borrowed some washi tapes from Ana, who brought her Instax MINI 25. It was fun to create on the fly, use up scraps and test out my new Sweet Stamps.

When I came home, I finished off the page with Kelly Purkey’s October stamp, some stickers from Sn@p!, we were here stamp from life.love.paper,  and this awesome stamp set from scrapperin.This is also an attempt to put off creating for the holidays at the moment. Not that I don’t want to be in the spirit, it just seems too early to me. What have you been making lately and are you as obsessed with stamps as I am right now?

18 Responses to on the fly

1. Laura says:

Fun page! Sometimes it’s fun to challenge yourself with a limited amount of stuff to use. I’m not quite in the holiday crafting mood yet, but on the other hand with Thanksgiving next week, it’s probably not too early to at least plan. :) I’ve been making everyday types of cards lately, using up some patterned paper on my table rather than just tossing it in the drawer of scraps. I found some cool intricate plain wood ornaments at Michael’s that I’m going to decorate for present toppers. I really wanted to love the Martha Stewart glitter paint, but instead I hate it. The glitter is nice, but the paint is almost translucent so it doesn’t cover things opaquely, like you would expect paint to do. Can’t fathom what that combination of attributes is good for! So, I’m going to be using embossing powder on the ornaments instead!!! (The MS regular paint and pearl finish are great.)

All sounds awesome, except for the glitter paint part. Maybe it’s meant to be an additional top coat added to some other color paint?

WOW. I am so blown away!! You rocked Ready Set Go.

As for the next line, we have already wrapped it up :)
      planning for the CHA booth right now.

2. Marina Haddad says:

I saw the beginning of this page… :)
    It turned out even better than I could predict!
    I’m always obsessed by stamps… And masks, and mister Huey… And washi tape… LOL

3. Cathy L. says:

I love this! You are so creative. I’m in a creative rut lately. I think I’m trying to hard to implement all of the things I see online. I need to just “play” again!

4. Ana Hahne Paes says:

My dear Amy, Oh my God!!!! I already felt so honored and blessed to have met you and now after seeing my picture on your blog I feel like I’m the luckiest girl in the whole world!!!
    I must say that not only you used scraps from the class to make this page but also you made it so fast and it was so perfect in minutes. You are truly talented cause creating things seems effortless for you.
    You are an inspiration to us all!!! Thanks for everything you taught us and for making such a great page with our picture.
    Hope to see you again soon.

Love,

Ana

5. Charlotte says:

I love the masking in the background & your torn paper edges! I haven’t seen torn edges for ages! Lol!
    I’ve been working on making a “kit” from my stash for my first attempt at Project Life next year! I’m excited to give it a go! I love your pages, you’re always so inspiring! How do you find the time with all your travel? Do you scrap a lot while you’re away, or only when you get home (for like 2 seconds between trips! Lol!)

Hi Charlotte!
      With all my travel, I just have to make time to create. Sometimes I’ll do it on the plane, in hotel rooms, or very quickly when I am home between trips. I suppose it’s like anything else in life, I just make it a priority. Plus I am fairly fast when I have the necessary supplies. Sometimes when I have to much time to make something my creativity is actually a bit stifled. Seems weird, I know!

Thankfully, I am home for a while, so there is plenty of time to make stuff. I am finishing up 2 client books after sending one off last week! Thankful I have an amazing team to help me as well!
      XO

6. Rommel says:

Hey girl! How you doing?!

Love the page, thanks for inspire us ever! So, how was the class with KP? Can’t wait for see your new collection! :) xoxo, miss ya!

Comments