Week 15

Now it is getting really fun. Not only am I still loving every bit – from the collecting of the week’s goodies to documenting all the bits, but what I am most lovingnow is flipping through the entire album. This baby’s getting thick.

I was pretty excited to be home all week. No travels, but plenty of work. I attempted the Paleo diet with my cousin, but failed miserably as I cannot live without cheese. And bacon. And plenty of things that you are not to eat while on this diet. I think I lasted an entire 2 meals and then I cheated (McDonalds in a crunch!), and then I was over it. However, I am trying to make healthier choices and exercise more. Mainly because I don’t want to and cannot actually “diet”. I am enjoying fresh smoothies every morning and trying to incorporate more and more vegetables each day. In fact, this week I may have had kale 5 out of 7 days. Oh and I have been trying to run more. The sun shines longer and there are no excuses after work. Even if I just go 1.5 miles, it is better than nothing.

Ann-Marie and I worked a lovely Bat Mitzvah at the Annenberg on Saturday night – we were not actually on the cover of InStyle, in case you were wondering.

Supplies: wood Thickers, glitter Thickers, this striped washi tape, Sketchbook 6X6 paper pad, Studio Calico wood veneer, mostly from Two Peas in A Bucket, some from the local independent stores I visited recently.
You can see all my Project Life posts here. How are all of you doing with Project Life? I was thinking about doing a Q&A post on Project Life and going more in depth on my process if you were interested in hearing my approach. Any questions?

29 Responses to Week 15

1. Heather says:

I love your layout! It's so bright and happy.You should check out the "100 Days of Real Food" blog. My boyfriend and I recently switched to an all real food way of eating, and we love it! Basically you are just cutting out things that are highly processed, and refined sugars. You make small changes like switching to 100% whole grains, eating more fresh produce (which it sounds like you're already doing), etc. You still get to have pizza and ice cream and everything else, just healthier versions, and everything tastes SO much better!

2. Donna Rothchild says:

Love seeing your Project Life every week! I know I've seen the camera in your week 15 section, but I can't remember where. Can you tell me where to find it?I love the idea that your Project Life isn't all "matchy, matchy" … That's not meant to imply that the colors don't work well together … Just that you're not using everything from the same kit.Donna in NJ

3. sarah says:

amy, you and kelly both are making me want to start project life. love the creating space too….and i can't live without cheese and bacon either. so delicious. ;)hugs,sarah.

4. Em-Jae says:

Yay for you and jumping on the healthy train! I've done Paleo too — and while I agree with the overall concepts, I found that diet to be too restricting for me (especially when my long term goal wasn't weight loss). I realized that eating like a pound of walnuts everyday for snack time probably wasn't the healthiest snack out of all the not-so-bad things I could eat. So, I try to maintain what I call a Paleo-inspired lifestyle today: lots of fruits and veggies, not a lot of processed stuff. Easy, yummy, and healthy! :] You'll figure out what works best for YOU and YOUR BODY.In other news, I LOVE your Project Life book! I'm really inspired to create my own, but I'm sort of intimidated by taking on such a big project. There's vacations from 3 years ago that I still haven't scrapped…! :/

5. The Working Momma says:

One thing I love about Project Life is seeing myself evolve. Scrapbooking has changed a lot over the years, and I'm trying to see where my style fits. I love the work you do and I'm inspired by so many people, but I can't beat myself up when my layouts are much more simple (I have three young boys who keep me busy, busy, busy). I made a Paleo salad dressing today that was super yummy :) and I've been doing the 30 day Shred (and can barely walk up the stairs now!)

6. La Petite Maison says:

As always, I love these posts! Though not necessarily 100% Paleo, I just try to eat "clean" Mon- Thurs, and then it's more liberal Fri- Sun. I, like you, will never give up cheese and bacon. :)

7. Shannan says:

I love your blog and look foward to your posts. In regards to the Paleo diet, ease into it or go check out the website Marks Daily Apple for the Primal Blueprint which is similiar to Paleo.

8. Rach says:

Amy- your project life is such an inspiration! I wish I had just have of your skill. I did start mine last week – for my "27th year" since I didn't get the supplies early enough. I do have a question though – do you use the front and back of each sleeve? Or is each spread a completely new sleeve? I hope this question even makes sense! And do u have any advice of how to document if you honestly do nothing the entire week?

9. Jewel says:

Amy, I love your PL pages! I would love to know your process throughout the week. I am falling behind as I haven't gotten into a work flow that I can seem to stick to. My biggest problem is printing out the photos. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your PL with us.

10. Adeline says:

I love your PL share!It remainds me why I wanted to do mine before to much work and poor weather in France got into my motivations lately ;)

11. Anika says:

I love your project life! Where do you get the hot pink letter stckers you use. This week you used them to spell KALE.. I love them and cant find any that bright.

They are by American Crafts and are the . They are sold out at Two Peas at the moment, but if you click the “Request and Notify Me”, when they are restocked, you will be alerted. Yay!

12. Rose says:

Love your PL and all those bits and pieces! Here are a couple of questions:Do you sit down everyday or once a week to complete it? Do you collect all your bits and pieces in a certain container?Are you sticking to a certain color scheme or just going with the flow?

13. danielle says:

you’re doing better than me on PL…I have been dragging my feet the last couple weeks. I SUPER LOVE your new stickers and wood alphas, I just bought some at the LSS here you told me about.

Comments